Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Abukuma-Do is the beautiful limestone cave in Japan

Last week, I traveled at Tohoku area. And the provinces were Fukushima, Yamagata and Miyagi.
So, I'd like to write about my traveling at Tohoku Area with some pictures often.

For this reason, I wrote about "The Abukuma-Do", which is one of the most famous and deepest limestone cave in Japan, in Fukushima prefecture at first.

Maybe you can guess easily that the limestone cave is far from any stations, so we need to go the limestone cave by the car. So, the transportation isn't convenience for customer, because the cave is surrounded by mountains. However, The Abukuma-Do is so great and I have to recommend visiting there. In my case I visited the cave on weekdays, so there are few travelers and not busy. It made me take a lot of beautiful pictures! On the other hands, I think that we can't enjoy the cave well by a lot of travelers at summer vacation or the Golden Week. If you have any chances to travel Fukushima province on weekdays, please go there. It's so nice!

From beginning, I have to describe about The Abukuma-Do...... The limestone cave was found in 1916, and then it opened to the public after 4 years, and it received several prizes of Japanese tourist attractions. I can guess that you would have a lot of funs in the cave.



The picture is the photograph of the shrine and the surface of the mountain that have The Abukuma-Do. The Abukuma-Do was one of the places mining the limes, so we can see white rocks. The mountain and water have made The Abukuma-Do for 80 million years.




I took a sign of the entrance. The sign describe that The Abukuma-Do is one of the Japanese natural monuments. When I walked in the Abukuma-Do, I saw some Korean who wanted to scrape off the limestone during walk against the suggested route.
I thought that the reason was no sign written in Korean language. It makes some problems for international travelers. Maybe every tourist attractions have to write every sign with several languages to protect.







These pictures were taken at inside of the limestone cave. The inside is floodlighted by several colors that are green, yellow, orange and blue and it makes it be fantastic room.



This is the roof of the Abukuma-Do. We can see a lot of stalactites.



This is the largest room of the limestone cave, and the height is also enough to give strong impressive for us!



At the latter half of The Abukuma-Do, there are some table pools of limestone with so clear water. The place of inside is very special and unusual.


At this opportunity, I chosen the adventure route that is uneven and rough, so sometimes we used some ladders to advance. The route is more expensive than general one, but it's totally nice.

So please visit there with your good manners! Because, The Abukuma-Do is so great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are gorgeous!

-I

mtfuji said...

Thank you for you comment, I.
And please come to Japan!